In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1artículo determinado masculineartículo definido masculine
- There certainly are a lot of bands around at the moment known by nothing more than a definite article and a noun.
- We found more errors in normal text for correctly capitalized definite articles than for capitalized nouns at the beginning of a sentence.
- There may be a difference between the definite article and the indefinite article, and there are different views on capital letters, I suppose.
- Adjectives that refer to people are sometimes introduced by the definite article the or by a possessive pronoun.
- The power of the definite article to particularize a common noun is dependent on context, apart from which its reference remains ambiguous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.