In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(statement of meaning)definición femininewhat's your definition of good music? — ¿tú qué entiendes por buena música?
- by definition — por definición
- Someone might learn half a dozen and practice them, and use them for comic purposes with their friends, but really you can't learn a word by reading about it and its definition in a dictionary.
- A service definition includes an abstract description of the operations and messages that are supported, and their bindings to a concrete protocol.
- The Chairman noted that there was a general consensus that the Board should not change the scope of the definition to encompass the mushroom sector.
- As a result it proceeded to finalise the definition of the scope of this category without any input from this important practitioners' group.
- One important aspect of the definition of women's nature emphasized women's inability to do intellectual work or science of any kind.
- I try to limit pop-culture references and colloquial clues to a handful within each puzzle and in general each clue is some form of a dictionary definition.
- Post a definition of racism and describe how the offender's behavior fits it.
- Every definition of terrorism describes it in some form as involving ‘the unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence’.
- Mrs. Murray made him write down the definition for all the words in the dictionary that began with the letters Y and X and than put each word in a sentence correctly.
- Toland spoke with John West, associate director of the CSC, who clearly described the real definition of intelligent design.
- His face was a smooth tan color, and he was definitely the dictionary definition of ‘tall, dark, and handsome’.
- Why am I starting a news program with a dictionary definition?
- Your browser loads a page from an online dictionary with the definition of the word.
- A recent study by Roosa et al. illustrates the difference the definition of child sexual abuse can make to reported rates of abuse.
- I looked the word magazine up in the dictionary and the definition is a holder in or on a gun for cartridges to be fed into the gun chamber automatically.
- Another symptom of the problem I'm trying to describe is that the current Webster's II New College Dictionary lacks even a definition of the term!
- Most definitions of the scheme describe it as operating alongside criminal action.
- The study of additional cases and longer follow-ups will be necessary for a better definition of the nature of the disease.
- But due to its decentralised nature, the definition of prime investment is more difficult to gauge.
- It is part of the definition of the scope of cover in this particular contract of insurance.
- In producing advice on dyslexia, for example, the council initially defined the problem through a descriptive definition of dyslexia.
- The dictionary definition of the word is to ride on or along a wave on a board.
- The scope of the definition of spyware is so broad that it leaves malware open as a service mark for Internet Explorer and other Microsoft products.
- Our original paper described the definition of the cohorts.
- Her dictionary brain would hunt for a definition of the word and she'd say ‘Of course.’
- In West Germany the trade unions generally accepted the definition of national interest propounded by the government and industrialists, because they benefited from it.
- I'm struck how in the introductory sections, Publius returns again and again to a definition of ‘human nature.’
- However, for the record, let us look at the dictionary definition of the word ‘marriage’.
- For example, subtle forms of discrimination might not be susceptible to legal challenge but fall within the scope of our definition.
- The Judge said she had, in the absence of any statutory definition, consulted several dictionaries for a definition of the word record.
- One widely accepted definition describes poverty as ‘an enforced lack of socially perceived necessities’.
- If the right for these laws to be recognised under section 118 of the Constitution is denied, then what is the point of having the scope written into the definition of guardian?
- No, it's not exactly the dictionary definition of the word.
1.2(categorization)definición femininedelimitación feminine
- In the introduction, Lauret confronts the thorny questions of definition and categorization.
- Order maintenance is clearly a political enterprise, raising questions of definition, equity and accountability.
- But the generality of being is not that of a genus; therefore the question of definition, in this sense, simply does not arise.
- In all these examples we can see that whether a particular act is judged to be a crime or to be deviant is not explained by any quality of the act itself but by other considerations that enter into the process of labelling or definition.
- This, however, raises immediate difficulties, for the agreement made bristles with practical questions of definition.
- It is equally important that our community have safe space in which to engage in that process of definition.
- Martin Cloonan's introductory essay asks us to consider seriously the question of definition.
2.1(focus)the plot lacked definition — la trama argumental no estaba bien definida
- it gave her life definition — le dio dirección / sentido a su vida
- blusher gives your cheekbones definition — el colorete realza los pómulos / da realce a los pómulos
2.2Television Photography Cinemanitidez femininedefinición feminine
- They have great resolution and incredible colour definition.
- The sound has more definition and is not as cloudy as the previous incarnation.
- The anamorphic widescreen transfer is decent enough, with reasonable clarity and picture definition, though graininess can a problem now and again.
- This gives objects and colors a clarity and definition that aids in visibility.
- Over the Wall, from Heaven Up Here, is a tour de force of crispness and stereo definition, while the fabled murkiness that used to envelop Porcupine has been blown away in a shimmer of sonic brilliance.
- The screen has excellent definition and best of all the unit is less than 9mm thick.
- I own a 60" DLP, and the TV's definition is great.
- Linn are specialists in producing top quality audio and those listening to this hybrid CD will find a level of definition and clarity close to that of expensive vinyl.
- By looking at the graph and seeing the colors and shapes, these students were able to listen again and hear the shape of the sounds with more definition.
- There is a lot of blooming and shimmering of the whites in the picture, and definition and grayscale are lost in the darker scenes.
- With Music Carter continues his ‘post-rock’ sound, though adding much more depth, texture, and definition to his sound.
- You and your family will be blown away at the definition of this television.
- The color palette of the source print consists mainly of browns and grays, which lack definition and clarity.
- This television has excellent definition which makes the image jump right at you.
- The sound has very good definition and separation, especially during the rainstorm and cityscape sequences.
- The TV's definition is great, you just have to be 20+ feet away from it, because it has the same number of pixels in it as a 1080p 46".
- What you see may or may not be high definition or even good quality.
- The sound lacks the definition and clarity of a modern digital mix, but is more than adequate for this movie.
2.3Audionitidez feminineclaridad feminine
2.4(in eyesight)definición feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.