In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He had symptoms of degenerative arthritis but did not have evidence of joint effusions.
- Creutzfeldt Jakob disease is a degenerative neurological disease with a long incubation period.
- She had a particular interest in multiple sclerosis and in other chronic degenerative diseases of the nervous system.
- This pain suggests a new disease burden of degenerative musculoskeletal disorders in future adults.
- Loss of the meniscal cartilage can lead to degenerative arthritis.
- One patient suffered from extensive dental loss and degenerative arthritis of the spine.
- For Alzheimer's sufferers, the medical care is personal care, since it is an incurable degenerative disease.
- Alzheimer's is a progressive degenerative illness that damages brain cells and affects around 35000 people in Ireland.
- The embryonic stem cells could then be used in transplantation therapy in patients with degenerative diseases of other tissues.
- This damage impairs the immune system, leading to infections, cancer, or degenerative diseases such as heart disease.
- Infectious diseases rather than chronic degenerative diseases were the order of the day, and the majority of the population lived in poverty and squalor.
- For example, in our cohort, one subject was blind and another had a degenerative neuromuscular disease.
- Past history reveals degenerative arthritis, chronic neck and back pain.
- One woman went to an orthopedist for painful degenerative arthritis in her knee.
- Almost 80 percent of persons over age 70 have degenerative joint disease.
- We have sympathy for people who are ill; people with tumours and heart disease and degenerative illnesses.
- The scan showed areas of increased uptake in the lower spine, felt to be due to degenerative joint disease.
- It is also called degenerative arthritis or wear-and-tear arthritis.
- Ataxia telangiectasia is a progressive degenerative disease that involves a large number of major body systems.
- Osteoarthritis is a form of degenerative arthritis that affects bone joints and develops slowly with age.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.