- The third-person examples are much improved if the pronouns are clearly deictic rather than anaphoric; the first-person examples are already deictic, of course.
- The algorithm accounts for deictic as well as anaphoric referential identifications.
- In acts of deictic reference, speakers integrate schematic with local knowledge.
- In these ‘referential’ uses, it is replaceable by the deictic pronouns this and that (This is red, That is possible).
- Action signs, like vocal signs also take part in deictic (space/time) reference, indexicality and performativity.