In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1suprimireliminartachardelete as applicable — tache lo que no corresponda
- With items such as the sauces, he is more than willing to include or delete ingredients, as he says that everything is made fresh to order.
- For the last time, I'm a (expletive deleted) veteran.
- There's also deleted scenes, trailers, costume design artwork, the lot.
- Government operates best when there are no secrets… I would urge that Section 15 be deleted in its entirety.
- I'm your dream man/woman (delete as applicable).
- The pharmacy deleted an important ingredient in your blood pressure management when it made this switch.
- The passage I have highlighted is that which was deleted by amendment with effect from 31st January 2001.
- The paragraph referring to the incident has now been deleted in its entirety.
- Since year was not significant in either model, it was deleted from subsequent analysis.
- But once the dogs of war started howling he deleted the fine print.
- Cows with valid genotypes for fewer than three markers were deleted from the analysis.
- ‘His name should have been deleted from the list,’ the chairman said yesterday.
- I vote that the second half of the film be deleted, re-written, and re-filmed to completely focus on the time spent on The Farm.
- He's the computer genius behind control alt delete.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.