In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1suprimireliminartachardelete as applicable — tache lo que no corresponda
- ‘His name should have been deleted from the list,’ the chairman said yesterday.
- With items such as the sauces, he is more than willing to include or delete ingredients, as he says that everything is made fresh to order.
- The pharmacy deleted an important ingredient in your blood pressure management when it made this switch.
- For the last time, I'm a (expletive deleted) veteran.
- I'm your dream man/woman (delete as applicable).
- Since year was not significant in either model, it was deleted from subsequent analysis.
- But once the dogs of war started howling he deleted the fine print.
- The passage I have highlighted is that which was deleted by amendment with effect from 31st January 2001.
- Cows with valid genotypes for fewer than three markers were deleted from the analysis.
- He's the computer genius behind control alt delete.
- The paragraph referring to the incident has now been deleted in its entirety.
- I vote that the second half of the film be deleted, re-written, and re-filmed to completely focus on the time spent on The Farm.
- Government operates best when there are no secrets… I would urge that Section 15 be deleted in its entirety.
- There's also deleted scenes, trailers, costume design artwork, the lot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.