In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicinedelirio masculinedesvarío masculineshe was in a state of delirium for several days — estuvo delirando / desvariando durante varios días
- Psychotic symptoms can appear as a part of delirium, dementia or any other organic brain syndrome.
- Cognitive impairment, delirium, and dementia are present in some older adult patients.
- Unlike dementia, delirium is a severe but temporary state of mental confusion.
- Certain signs and symptoms can help physicians distinguish between delirium and a pre-existing psychiatric disorder.
- The use of antidepressants, antipsychotics, or anticholinesterase inhibitors for insomnia related to delirium or dementia is also unproved.
- Some affected people suffer mental disturbances such as delirium, hallucinations, and even psychotic behaviour.
- Schizophrenia is conventionally distinguished from the organic psychoses dementia and delirium by the absence of intellectual compromise.
- Neurologic consultation can help establish a differential diagnosis in patients with delirium.
2informal(delusions)to suffer from delirium — delirar
- ‘The thrill, the mad delirium of being free is beyond description,’ he writes.
- There's a floodlit stage and electronic band of ‘gruperos’ in transports of salsa-invoked delirium.
- I ended up getting a digital keyboard, which was so amazing to me - excitement to the point of delirium.
- The smell of incense filled the room and transported me, in my delirium, back to my youth as a Miami altar boy.
- Not only did the win send the home fans into state of rapturous delirium, but the achievement relieved the team's coach, who had looked tense during the final.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.