In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1delírium tremens masculine
- Rum fits or delirium tremens (DT's) have had a death rate of 20% in the past but, with prompt appropriate treatment, mortality should now be much lower.
- Major alcohol withdrawal or delirium tremens typically begins within 48 to 72 hours of the last drink, with peaking of symptoms on days 4 and 5.
- With excessive intake the person may show widespread shaking, the Latin name for this being delirium tremens - a very serious condition.
- The most serious form of withdrawal is called delirium tremens, or ‘DTs.’
- The most serious acute withdrawal symptoms are seizures and delirium tremens, which most commonly occur with abrupt discontinuation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.