In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Does this imply that narratives' clarifying and consoling effects are delusory?
- Instead it is delusory - its place is located in the imagination.
- I approached situations, circumstances, objects and other people looking to find out if my beliefs were delusory.
- James acknowledges that there was something delusory about this ostensibly unified culture.
- In this way, all unenlightened experience is fabricated by the various aspects of the mind as it generates a false self and projects delusory objects onto reality.
- The bourgeoisie's delusory fantasy of self-reliance is thus rendered utterly absurd.
- Yes, it is illusory and delusory, and yes we know that, but we must continue to live in it.
- Events in Europe offered Japan a delusory ray of hope.
- In Buddhist thought, this feeling that we are the real thing, the most important person, the center of everything, is delusory.
- These ‘extremes’ of delusory belief appear from experimental evidence to be associated with the existence of microscopic lesions in the right brain.
- The Mayan calendar is a gateway to realms of consciousness that the majority of mankind has been blinded to by the use of false delusory calendars.
- He poisoned his mother-in-law in the delusory hope of a legacy.
- In the absence of such an understanding, spirituality will always be construed as extracurricular or a complement to education at best, and a delusory distraction at worst.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.