In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1demagogo masculinedemagoga feminine
- What do these reformist demagogues propose to the millions of minimum-wage workers and the millions of unemployed?
- While his friends admired him as a nationalist leader, his enemies simply considered him a communist, a demagogue, and a dangerous man.
- Furthermore it allows the electorate to participate more fully in national matters making politicians more experts in government than demagogues.
- He has still not been allowed back but proves a democrat rather than a demagogue in person.
- I'm loathe to give support to reform which would bring such demagogues into parliamentary politics, let alone government.
- Moreover, the circus promises the appearance of a mysterious Prince, a demagogue who is plotting untold evil.
- ‘Lies have always been regarded as necessary and justifiable tools not only of the politician's or the demagogue's but also of the statesman's trade,’ he claimed.
- Although the political scene continues to be dominated by nationalist demagogues, there are signs that a significant section of voters feel disenfranchised as a result.
- Secondly, the continuing decline in living standards has led to a level of desperation and social degradation that provides a fruitful basis for the emergence of right-wing demagogues.
- But that a fascist demagogue could receive considerable support among workers is cause for great concern.
- A return to national self-determination, he believes, would take the feet from under the new nationalist demagogues and bolster democratic politics in the historic nations of Europe.
- Sadly, but predictably, the effort to re-enfranchise people with felony convictions has come under attack from demagogues claiming a cynical political motive for the effort.
- Faced with this situation, it is increasingly the case that it is not only the most extreme right-wing demagogues who are playing the nationalist card.
- Faced by a wave of support for anti-immigrant demagogues, there is a danger that governments will adopt some of their attitudes.
- He is a powerful demagogue and a high ranking political propagandist for the Republican party.
- In an attempt to divert the resulting social unrest, Stalinist bureaucrats and communalist demagogues fomented nationalist sentiments while seeking patrons among the major powers.
- In so doing, she claims, they fall into ‘the logic of terrorists, demagogues, and other absolutists who perceive no moral dilemmas: For them, the right path is always clear.’
- Its chief glories are the demagogue, the military bully, and the spreaders of libels and false history.
- It is time to oppose the racist demagogues and unite the defence of foreign workers and refugees with the campaign against unemployment, welfare cuts and attacks on basic rights.
- Discontent fuelled by the pro-business policies of social democratic governments has given a boost to right-wing demagogues in several European countries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.