In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(job) que exige mucho(music/book) difícilhe's a demanding teacher — es un profesor exigente
- she's a very demanding child — es una niña que exige mucha atención
- it's physically demanding — es agotador
- But don't go breathing a sigh of relief, for this is the most demanding task yet.
- He was involved in technically demanding work for which he was plainly well qualified.
- Although the races are physically demanding, they did not only attract youngsters.
- She has been an invaluable help in this very time-consuming and demanding job.
- Should that benefactor be reading this column, I should like to point out to them that writing a weekly column for the paper can be an arduous and demanding task at times.
- Raising children is a demanding task; it requires energy and attention round the clock.
- Women engage in food preparation, child rearing, carpet weaving, and other tasks within the compound, while men take care of the animals and do the physically demanding tasks.
- Although it does not involve any lines, it is a demanding role.
- Employees worked long hours, performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks.
- It is a highly complex and demanding task that requires that a number of skills be performed simultaneously.
- Both ultrasound and resonance measurements in crystals are very demanding in terms of sample size and preparation requirements.
- She was still slender and wiry despite her demanding job teaching at Harvard University.
- You obviously have a very demanding training schedule, how do you stop yourself from getting run down?
- The temptation is to linger over these while neglecting other, more demanding tasks.
- They did a fantastic job on an extremely grim and physically demanding task, and I'm very proud of what they achieved.
- Our goal is not to over-saturate pilots, but allow them to develop proficiency in basic skills and then introduce more demanding tasks.
- Increasingly, however, topics are also focused on developing more cognitively demanding academic language in the content areas.
- Despite her increasingly demanding schedule, Samantha insisted she still finds time for herself.
- Most adults are aware of their ‘personal clock’ and know their prime times for completing intellectually demanding tasks.
- Professional ministry within congregations is often presented as an amazingly difficult and overly demanding task.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.