In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(behavior)comportamiento masculineconducta feminine
- If he was living the high life, his appearance and demeanour gave no hint of it.
- My happy demeanor quickly vanished, as soon as it had come, replaced by cold dread.
- Isabella studied his quiet demeanor and honest profile for a few moments in silence.
- His demeanour as a speaker at the luncheon had to some extent prepared me.
- His demeanor and commitment to being a protector make him appear distant and serious.
- He gave coherent answers to questions and his demeanour appeared to be normal.
- His demeanor suddenly changed from gentle, indulgent parent, to barking hellion.
- My previously sunny and happy demeanour changed to one of abject horror.
- Her demeanor changed from happy and excited to down and depressed within a second.
- His gentle demeanour hid his fighting spirit which made him a born leader.
- His attitude and demeanor were so like a guy that she had known in high school.
- He said his demeanour and attitude during questioning was not that of a man who had something to hide.
- I was embarrassed and wondered if there was something in my appearance or demeanor that had amused her.
- It has been evident in your manner and demeanour that you do not wish to talk to me and so I have not approached you until now.
- Lara, thanks to her confident demeanour was one of the easy favourites throughout the evening.
- His non-smiling demeanour is all about the importance of being earnest.
- Both men are renowned for their friendly demeanour and reassuring manner.
- Despite the new grown-up demeanour, some aspects of the girl still spill over.
- Your attitude and demeanor can betray how you feel as clearly as inattentive service.
- Anger and resentment had elbowed aside his normally amiable demeanour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.