In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1azúcar morena feminineazúcar moreno masculine
- He suggested toasted oats and hazelnuts, sultanas, raspberries, apple or orange juice, grated apple and a tablespoon of honey or demerara sugar, with natural yoghurt to bind it all.
- For the record, our sugars are regular white granulated, fructose, light brown, superfine, palm, powdered, turbinado, muscovado, and demerara.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar and rosemary over the top then crumble the remaining mixture over to more or less cover.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter and demerara sugar together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Cream together the unsalted butter and demerara sugar until light and fluffy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.