In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the event that the merger has proceeded, however, it is unlikely that an order for it to be demerged would be made.
- It would almost certainly mean that one of the new demerged businesses would become less attractive to a potential purchaser.
- The management plans to demerge the bar/night club business from the intellectual property side once both businesses have reached critical mass.
- One of his first tasks will be to demerge the electrical division.
- The evaluation summary also stated that, in almost all cases, if a borough demerged its residents would be taxed more heavily for the same services.
- But in the wake of global collapse in silicon chip prices, the business was demerged earlier this year.
- Despite the prospect of a much tougher trading environment, plans to demerge its property assets have provided a support for the share price.
- When this is demerged the operation will have relatively little debt shackling it.
- One obvious example of this linkage is when a company chooses to demerge one or a group of its businesses.
- The last stage of its exit from the old business will be complete once its pubs and bars are demerged.
- Earlier this year he caused a storm when he said he would re-examine whether the company should be split up by demerging its wholesale and retail arms.
- It has more than fulfilled that fundamental aim and in reality, the EU has been moving to demerge subsidies from farm production.
- In fact bid rumours have been constantly circling ever since it first announced the plan to demerge the company last year.
- That document announced plans to take the glass making business private and demerge it from the public company.
- Those who know him believe that if he could deliver more value for shareholders by demerging the group's two divisions - food, and home and personal care - he would do so.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.