In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She shoved past a merchant selling amulets to ward against evil entities and demonic sprites.
- Six inches away from them was another pair of eyes, a wild, staring, demonic pair of eyes.
- Curtis wanted me to play him as a psychotic, demonic character.
- What made the 1973 film stand out was that it set its demonic possession in a humdrum modern-day context.
- Was there some evil demonic being looking to recruit unsuspecting people for a diabolical plan?
- They are forced to swallow and later regurgitate foreign objects, which Onokoko then displays as proof of demonic possession.
- The broadly gashed mouth gives it a fierce expression, like that of Chinese demonic masks.
- I eventually gave up and called a priest to come over and exorcise the demonic spirits.
- He is not pessimistic due to the fact that there is no credible evidence for the reality of demonic possession.
- The appearance may just be your psychological patterns, but for you it is a spirit, it is demonic, and it is real.
- Beliefs in magic and demonic possession look mad to us now, but they were naive attempts to establish causal relations and to control the world.
- The whole house and yard were cleaned thoroughly to banish all bad joss and demonic spirits.
- It was the Grim Reaper, but he was not as wild or demonic as she had once fancied him to be.
- Even today, Levitation is often thought to be involved in cases of demonic possession.
- In the early Middle Ages popular superstition began to associate witchcraft with demonic possession and the rejection of God.
- There is no such thing as demonic possession; and in just the same way there is no such thing as knowledge of the external world.
- He also well knew that demonic violence has long characterized human affairs.
- She remembered being furious with the demonic Keytako, and that's when she blacked out.
- The demonic glowing eyes he carried gazed upon the spirit of Phyoni, grimacing at the sight.
- I could now distinguish the difference between human evil and demonic evil it seemed.
- In fact, she showed many of the classic signs of advanced demonic possession.
- He breathes a blend of demonic intensity and weary detachment in his character's unforgettable vision.
- They have to be joyous peasants, drunken students and evil spirits singing demonic gibberish.
- It was my first experience of being addressed by a demonic spirit through someone else's lips.
- So clearly we must have two different people here, or a schizophrenic, or a case of demonic possession.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.