In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They tried to organize a similar protest a couple of weeks ago, and only produced 10,000 demonstrators.
- But have you ever sympathised with road protesters, anti-nuclear demonstrators or those who tear up genetically modified crops?
- The protests turned into riots at several places when demonstrators destroyed public property.
- Hundreds of demonstrators marched in the center of the city today to protest his visit.
- The space around Mahatma Gandhi Statue is already known for protest demonstrators and more such spots can be located in other areas for this purpose.
- Earlier, a march by around 250,000 demonstrators had passed off peacefully but one large group set fire to government buildings.
- Police had to direct traffic away from Rastrick Common yesterday after demonstrators parked cars along the roadside to highlight potential traffic difficulties at the psychiatric unit.
- This time, the square was packed with at least 10,000 pro-hunting demonstrators when she finally arrived, shortly before noon.
- During Monday's protests, some demonstrators broke into the legislature and shattered windows.
- With only a couple of hundred demonstrators, the protest nonetheless attracted local and, more significantly, international attention.
- Beyond the street protests, student demonstrators have also paralysed 16 universities and disrupted 35 others, the education ministry said.
- In Yorkshire, protests arranged by demonstrators communicating by email and websites caused rush-hour traffic jams.
- The small crowd of about 1,000 demonstrators was obliged to march three kilometres from a neighbouring train station.
- The two leaders had earlier led a march of hundreds of demonstrators in defiance of a government ban on protest rallies or gatherings of more than four people.
- Social unrest was exploding as anti-war protestors and civil rights demonstrators used the public stage to express their views.
- ‘The government must respond positively to the sugar community's aspirations,’ he said in a meeting with the demonstrators.
- The mood of the time hardly supported the protest: the demonstrators were ridiculed; the innocence of the competition defended.
- He added that Saturday's protest would include elderly demonstrators who have never taken to the streets before but were incensed by the plans.
- But a handful of anti-hunt demonstrators, who peacefully protested amidst crowds of supporters, disagreed.
- He vowed to investigate the incident, possibly turning over demonstrators to the district attorney for criminal prosecution.
- By the end of the year, the two demonstrator platforms shall be ready for commencement of contractor testing.
- The development programme includes the building and testing of a number of major Puma subsystem demonstrators.
- In Drawing, Baker is an artist, mother, daughter, wife, demonstrator, performer.
- The student-led demonstrators blockaded government offices and effectively shut down most of the capital, with no bus services operating.
- The demonstrator engine test lasted 4.9 seconds.
- The company expects to start first test flights on a demonstrator by the end of 2003.
- The company began development of the gas-generator demonstrator in 1999, and it was due to begin tests by the end of last month.
- The control fish were tested as described above except the demonstrator shoal remained in the central portion of their half of the tank for the 3-min demonstration period.
- I knew it was an ordinary car straight away because even though it had been carefully prepared as a press demonstrator, it arrived at my house with one headlamp not working and a driver's seat backrest that wouldn't lock.
- The wide-ranging project will allow visitors to try their hands at age-old country crafts with the help of trained demonstrators.
- At first, ask more experienced swimmers to perform the skill (the closer the demonstrator is to the age of the novice, the better.
- The speeches at the Placa de Tetuan were repeated four times as demonstrators continued to arrive.
- Premier dealers must always have demonstrators of both models available and Laguna Sport Touring courtesy cars.
- With snow not normally found at this time of year, even in the nearby Peak District, the demonstrators took to trampolines to give a display of their skills.
- The team at the University of Strathclyde have proved this mathematically, and we've now built a demonstrator to test it practically.
- The election was marred by violence following a clash between demonstrators and police officers.
- To help do this effectively, have veteran staff help as mentors, tour guides, demonstrators, and controlled procedure interpreters.
- This is a space flight demonstrator designed to test technologies required for them to locate and rendezvous with the Station.
- Following the successful completion of the demonstrator tests, the system entered full-scale development and pre-production.
- An international demonstrator, teacher and writer, her articles have appeared in popular media and astrological publications around the world.
- Joe was a demonstrator of basketmaking at the time and he taught me.
- The removal of the demonstrators controls for any antipredator benefits that could be gained by associating with the larger demonstrator group.
- She had previously taught in secondary schools and as a demonstrator at the university.
- In both capacities Fettes enjoyed and deserved his notice, and by the second year of his attendance he held the half-regular position of second demonstrator or sub-assistant in his class.
- Harker began life at Cambridge reading physics, but soon transferred his affections to geology and was appointed a demonstrator at the Sedgwick Museum in 1884.
- After graduating, Waller was a physics demonstrator at the London School of Medicine for Women (now the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine).
- Peer teachers in the second year of the laboratory sequence act as demonstrators, coaches and evaluators.
- Qualified AOIFA teacher and demonstrator Marie O'Leary offers a series of courses from the beautifully restored stone cottage in the heart of the Carlow countryside.
- Up to 100 council staff left their desks to join school students and other demonstrators disrupting rush hour traffic in Bradford and York.
- I am honored to be attending the Expo this year as an instructor and demonstrator.
- He started work under J.J. Thomson, the discoverer of the electron, before becoming an assistant demonstrator of physics.
- At the end of a course an examination was held and if a certain standard was reached one was awarded a Brannra or Badge and those who wished to continue did further classes, with many attaining demonstrator and teacher standard.
- He was appointed a demonstrator in zoology at Cambridge in 1882, becoming a fellow of St John's College and a university lecturer in invertebrate morphology in 1884.
- After a short time in this employment, Guthrie offered him employment as a demonstrator in physics.
2Businessdemostrador masculinedemostradora feminine
3British(teacher)profesor de prácticas masculineprofesora de prácticas feminineayudante del profesorasistente del profesor
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.