In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- ‘The not-for-profit sector should take up the challenge and denationalise compassion’, he added.
- The picture he draws is not one of corporations denationalized by economic integration and states whose powers have been eroded, as in much current writing on globalization.
- The administration is proposing a reorganization that denationalizes operations of the national railroad.
- To prepare the terrain for a genuine emancipation, there is a need for founding social sciences and knowledge on bases that are decolonized, denationalized.
- Its advocates have urged African countries to privatize and denationalize a wide swath of government services and industries traditionally run by the state.
- The independence of the judiciary and the slow rate of denationalising of state industries were highlighted as areas which needed improvement.
- A person could be denationalized for, among other things, advocating the overthrow of the government by force or violence.
- Well then: refund our taxes, denationalize the roads.
- In parallel, state-owned industry was rapidly denationalized and an army of unemployed established.
- It is the kind of combination that I would describe as a partial denationalizing of some of the functions and work of state institutions.
- State enterprises were first ‘restructured, ‘- i.e., surplus personnel removed - and then denationalised, which was accompanied by mass redundancies.’
- Only a third of the economy has been denationalised, which is not considered enough by a long chalk.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.