- If the Stafford mill proves to be medieval following dendrochronology dating, it will be the first medieval double mill found in Britain made of timber.
- Encroachment of woody vegetation into the grassy openings was assessed using belt transects and dendrochronology.
- In this study, we examine the suitability of dendrochronology to uncover climatic responses in tree rings at small scales in two species of pine on the Virginia Piedmont.
- At the tower's core is a massively strong timber frame, which dendrochronology has recently dated to between 1207 and 1216 with rebuilding using many of the old timbers in 1668-9.
- Radiocarbon suggested construction between AD 900-1020, and dendrochronology dates the felling of three trees to AD 1080-1120.