In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of climate change, the Holocaust)negacionista femininea Holocaust denier — un negacionista del Holocausto
- In any case, to encourage debate about the theories of holocaust deniers is a wholly neutral and unremarkable activity.
- Before you ask, I make distinctions among appearing on a scheduled radio program on which evolution deniers may also appear, engaging in a formal debate with evolution deniers, and actively collaborating with them.
- Would they have believed that we have become the rulers rather than the ruled, the conquerors rather than the vanquished, the deniers of independence to others rather than the denied?
- For more than a decade now, the climate change deniers have been in retreat, humbled by the thumping weight of scientific evidence against them.
- Since they are deniers, mentioning the divine name is mere words to them.
- But if you read on, you find that this only means that some of the long-standing evidence deniers merely keep on denying the evidence.
- There is no difference between them and all kinds of deniers.
- When I read Prof. Young's piece, I was immediately taken with the social and intellectual parallels between Holocaust deniers and evolution deniers.
- One reason may be that doctors get ground down by pill-focused patients who want quick fixes, and patients who can be superlative deniers about their personal health risks.
- Holocaust deniers intentionally blur the distinction between the First Amendment right to speak freely, without government restraint, and the right to publicity, an audience, and scholarly consideration.
- Unfortunately, Egoyan, in attempting to counter the deniers by chronicling this history, is largely defeated by his fashionable hostility to ‘grand narratives’ and to the objective treatment of historical events.
- Lipstadt's book gave an account of the phenomenon of Holocaust denial and described him as a holocaust denier consistent with the themes developed in her book.
- That's the conundrum of the modern skeptics movement: Intelligent Design theorists and deniers of global warming may very well be phonies and scoundrels, but no one is going to debunk them in the classic sense.
- But there were two important exceptions to the long list of deniers.
1(in fabric)denier masculine15 denier stockings — medias de 15 denier feminine
- The high quality and durability of these items is attributed to the use of 1,000 - denier NyTaneon nylon and the highest quality hardware and construction.
- The material itself is 1000 denier Nytaneon nylon, double and triple stitched.
- They're made of 600 - denier nylon with an adjustable, removable shoulder strap that has welded steel hardware.
- All edges are bound and double-stitched and the material is the finest 1,000 - denier Nytaneon nylon.
- Construction is a combination of full grain leather and 1,000 denier nylon that's standard in military footwear too.
- The top is a two-button Henley short sleeve baseball and softball shirt, made of a 70 denier, 100% polyester textured mesh fabric.
- In pilot trials, measurements of around 2.0 deniers per filament were obtained.
- It is made of 210 - denier nylon with PVC coating.
- The company's best-selling business bag is the Metro Messenger Bag, made of 450 denier ripstop polyester with silver reflective trim across a zippered front pocket.
- For nylon bags, consider its denier, or thickness.
- The fabric is needle-punched together with thousands of high-strength denier yarns.
- Both the warp yarns have deniers in the range of 50-4000 and the fill yarns have deniers in the range of 150-4000.
- The higher the denier number, the larger the yarn and, therefore, the heavier and sturdier the fabric.
- They are made of a 100 denier micromesh body, poly porthole mesh yoke and side panels.
- The shell itself is a three-layer non-porous, breathable membrane and the outer fabric is feathery 30 - denier ripstop nylon.
- Any woman will understand the pure sensual pleasure of silk stockings, or even just really fine denier nylon, if she has ever tried them.
- You must choose your tights with care - they need to be opaque (as opposed to sheer) and of a high enough denier (thickness of the fabric) for the hairs not to show through.
- All are constructed of 300 - denier nylon and include lots of value-added features.
- With sinking hearts, we made a beeline for Buchanan Street and spent two hours buying a chunky-knit cardigan, three pairs of 60 - denier woolly tights and a luminous-yellow stripy vest (half-price).
- We actually sell a 40 denier nylon tricot fabric that we sell the Las Vegas high wire acts for use as a visual fabric.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.