In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Actually, it's really never too hot to knit, although the heat does put me off of knitting with wool and denim.
- Designer jeans were made up of many, many panels of denim layered with seams and buckles.
- Small and bespectacled, he is wearing a knitted cap, denim jacket and jeans.
- He was wearing a pair of dark navy blue denim jeans, and a grey dress shirt that exactly matched the stormy shade of his eyes.
- He spoke with a local accent and was wearing blue denim jeans and a blue denim jacket.
- He was wearing a blue jacket with white piping, blue denim jeans and either blue or black and white trainers.
- Most people treat denim or khaki as black and team other colours with it, some more bravely than others.
- Her favourite one was the faded denim with the frayed cuffs and cropped bottom.
- Uniforms at a Furness school were ditched for denim on Friday as pupils did their bit for Jeans for Genes day.
- So today I decided to forsake all denim and wear instead pinstripe trousers with a white belt.
- Such was the stature of denim that even so obviously inferior a pair of jeans were acceptable.
- He was wearing blue denim jeans, a white shirt with blue stripes in a criss-cross pattern.
- This would totally be great to carry to dinner and would be perfect with blue denim.
- He was wearing blue denim jeans, trainers, a top possibly with white stripes and either a hat or a hood.
- Suddenly, a quick small vision comes to me of a cool, gently black guy in blue denim.
- Liz was wearing the new jeans, boots and denim blouse she had got at Christmas.
- She was wearing blue jeans, denim jacket, dark brown wig and was carrying a sports bag.
- Key fabrics in this collection include felt and denim which she treats with dexterity and imagination.
- Mohair, denim and corsages are her signature looks and she also makes beautiful scarves too.
- Not to mention the way it hangs off her shoulder and how it goes perfectly with her pair of denim jeans!
1.1(jeans)vaquerosjeanstejanosbluyines Andespantalones de mezclilla Mexico
- Magic I thought as I realized I was wearing denims and a tee shirt.
- The blonde boy looked just as stunning as he believed when he entered the community lounge clad in a halfway unbuttoned, black satin shirt with silver buttons, skin-tight black denims and dark suede boots.
- Just like regular jeans, the wool denims are both rugged for bush wear and stylish and comfortable for casual wear.
- You can wear it on the belt hook of your denims, on your bag, on your coat button and anywhere else you can think of.
- She had arrived in typically decadent Western clothing, tight black denims and an equally tight black tee shirt with a central emblem of parted red lips.
- You just had a full-blown weekend of going to martini lounges and nightclubs, but now it's officially time to trade in your fitted T-shirts and stylish denims for a shirt and tie.
- I counted that I had 23 new tops, 5 pairs of shorts, 8 skirts, and 14 pairs of denims, 6 jackets, 2 pairs of pyjamas, and some underwear.
- Everybody noticed at school that her style had changed from baggy old jeans to denims and her shirts weren't as tight and small as they had once been.
- I finally settled on my navy-blue knitted top and well-worn denims paired with my serviceable step-ins.
- People across Swindon are being urged to don their denims for National Jeans For Genes Day.
- He's slim, sure, and, seated in an expansive couch, manages to rock the tucked-in shirt with dark denims and boots look.
- This camp-style belt with pewter latch buckle will make a great addition to your casual wear; don it with your favorite pair of denims.
- While the first day on Delhi University's north campus saw students in dapper denims, hipsters, halter tops, knee-length skirts, and everything hip that you can think of, there was one thing that was truly Indian.
- End-users seem to be buying wovens - twills, oxfords, denims, etc. - where a year ago and before they were buying knit golf shirts.
- As we edge round a series of perilous hairpin bends and teetering boulders, my guide Jani, dressed in ripped denims, a worn leather jacket and battered Stetson, roars with laughter as I explain my search.
- The first impression you have of him is of a wise and playful octogenarian, warmly dressed in denims and thick woollen sweater.
- He started appearing in public wearing a uniform: straggly beard, denims and woolly hat.
- At retail, distressed denim or dark denim are selling well, as are very bleached out denims and colored denims.
- Comfortable and stylish, you can wear this turtleneck with a stylish pair of beige or light brown corduroys, designer denims, or a dressy pair of flat-front slacks for a more formal occasion.
- He was in his early twenties, dressed in denims and a lumberjack shirt.
1.2(US) (jeans, overalls)pantalón de peto masculinemono masculineoverol masculine Latin America
2(fabric)tela vaquera femininetela de jeans femininemezclilla feminine Chile Mexicovaquero masculinetejano masculine Spainde mezclilla Chile Mexico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.