In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1denominador masculinesee also lowest common denominator
- For the technically minded, you calculate a percentage by dividing the numerator by the denominator and multiplying by 100.
- If you calculate the divergence for different species of plants, you find that both the numerator and the denominator are usually Fibonacci numbers.
- To convert a fraction to a percentage, divide the numerator by the denominator.
- In other words, a number is rational if we can write it as a fraction where the numerator and denominator are both integers.
- Strictly, all whole numbers can be written as fractions if we make the denominator (the part below the line) equal to 1!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.