In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of population)densidad feminine
- Moore's Law states that the transistor density of a silicon chip will double every two years, allowing a corresponding increase in processor speed.
- His large-scale color photographs illustrate the unbelievable density of Hong Kong's residential high-rises.
- The Government should develop a specific number of roads every year according to the traffic density of the area concerned.
- It is not known why the understory of the Hermit forest had such uncharacteristically low total stem density and total basal area.
- The low population density in rural areas makes the provision of specialized mental health services in those areas impractical.
1.2(of fog)lo espesodensidad feminine
- Syncopation in varying degrees of rhythmic density plays an important role in ‘Kohntarkosz.’
- It also found a connection between the amount smoked, and the size and density of areas in the brain which are linked to higher nicotine dependence and increased impulsivity.
- Because it is a weight bearing activity, skating can build bone density to a certain degree.
- The sheer volume, as well as the astonishing density of thought and image, of his wonderful notebooks testify to the amplitude of his intellectual interests.
- Encouraging the consumption of this single food, milk, may have lasting implications for nutrient density, bone health and body weight.
1.3Computing Physicsdensidad feminine
- With its incredibly high storage density, the DVD might just be the solution to two vexing problems.
- That is based on its average density, calculated by dividing total mass by volume.
- While in its early stages, the technology shows potential for high speed, high density storage of data, while retaining data even when power is turned off.
- Refraction is the bending of light rays as they pass from one transparent medium to another medium of a different density; it is measured in diopters.
- One way to increase storage capacity is to increase the areal density of the medium.
- We are further informed that scientific theories fail at a singularity, which is an event involving infinite mass, density, pressure and temperature.
- The formula is easily derived by making assumptions about the mass density of the earth.
- In today's cramped data centers, real estate is at a premium, and maximum storage density is a necessity.
- The change to a higher capacity is interesting not only in terms of storage density, but also heat dissipation.
- The strength of the absorption reveals the temperature, density, and mass of a gas cloud.
1.4(of style)lo denso
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.