In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dentista feminineodontólogo masculine formalodontóloga feminine formalto go to the dentist('s) — ir al dentista
- Gagging is a term that tends to be used somewhat differently by neurologists and by dentists.
- Your dentist will look at your teeth for signs of wear due to grinding and examine your jaw joint.
- On the second visit, the dentist glues the veneer onto the front of the tooth.
- In the short-term, we will change the way dentists are remunerated for treating patients.
- Often lip and oral cavity cancers are found by dentists when examining the teeth.
- Visit your dentist regularly and have your teeth professionally cleaned as required.
- You will have to follow what your dentist has taught you to make sure you remove plaque every day.
- Before you have a tooth taken out, it is worth discussing with your dentist how it could be replaced.
- Laughing gas is used by doctors and dentists as an anaesthetic or analgesic to numb pain, sedate and allay anxiety.
- Tayside health chiefs admit they are struggling to find enough dentists to treat all the children who need care.
- If you do not go to the dentist, you may not know that you have these diseases until it's too late.
- Most dentists recommend that you should replace your toothbrush at least every three months.
- Most people have teeth removed under local anaesthesia by a general dentist or oral surgeon.
- Doctors, nurses even dentists are taken to court for not taking the right action or making a mistake.
- Check with your dentist or health visitor if you are unsure about how to look after your baby's teeth.
- Your dentist or dental hygienist can apply topical fluorides during dental visits.
- Bad breath is usually caused by a problem in the mouth, so you need to visit your dentist for diagnosis.
- Your dentist or health visitor can help you look after you child's teeth if you are not sure what to do.
- Visit your dentist or hygienist to have your teeth scaled and polished on a regular basis.
- It is likely your dentist will prescribe antibiotics to control the infection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.