In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) formal(person) digno de confianza(ally/workman) digno de confianza(ally/workman) con el que se puede contar(car) confiable(car) fiable
- This could be the cheapest and most dependable source of drinking water for the people of Titilagarh.
- Should you manage to graduate, you may well find that a degree holds out no guarantee of fulfilling or dependable employment.
- Bridget was a lady of gentle manner and a fine and dependable neighbour who was always happy to lend a helping hand.
- I don't do big high dollar websites and prefer to use a tried and true set of dependable methods.
- Pierre was the head of all the servants and he was a very reliable and dependable man.
- When people think of gardens, they think of graceful trees, colourful flowers and dependable foliage.
- However, he can play a more traditional game because he is strong on his feet, good in defence, and has a solid and dependable boot.
- To me they embody two Frances: the dynamic private sector and the dependable public sector.
- As rumors and panic began to rule, they was no source of solid dependable information.
- Then there are the long years in the Far East with his dependable wife Betty, and his cathartic reaction to her sudden death.
- The party is seeking to portray itself as a stable, dependable and scandal-free government.
- In general, discipline and unit cohesion require a regular and dependable supply of food by the army itself.
- I want to be on the end of a dependable electrical supply system where outages are non-existent.
- The dependable talents of director Tony Cownie are being put to good use in the Lyceum's first production of the new season.
- In the absence of a dependable power supply system, they must explore all other avenues to beat the heat.
- In the past four years he has been the most successful, reliable and dependable player.
- American studios can make big-scale films because they have a dependable audience for domestic films.
- Every community in Nunavut lacks a dependable water supply for dousing fires.
- Growth tends to be mundane with the main attraction being dependable cash flows and reliable dividend payments.
- To be replicated successfully, a dependable system of verifying carbon reduction has to be in place.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.