In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Finally, technology threatens to depersonalize our lives and increase our ultimate loneliness.
- This, as the reasoning often continues, is a quite convincing sign of the state of alienation in which individuals in the anonymous, depersonalized western world today find themselves.
- He said: ‘The use of medical slang helps to depersonalise the distress encountered in doctors' everyday working lives’.
- This process depersonalizes participants and tends to blur the exact nature of their roles.
- As a scientist, I had explored quantum mechanics and come to have misgivings about the depersonalized view of nature I had been raised in.
- So be certain that the hardware and software serve and enhance the human relationship between the messenger and hearers instead of depersonalizing it.
- The people that commit this crime depersonalise it, as humans do not appear to be involved, however the damages can have severe effects on your business as well as your health and well being.
- I would choose to read the current exhibition as an attempt to address the dissonance between the personhood of the individual and the institutional tendency of states and corporations to depersonalise the individual into a type.
- "When we consider a human being as a problem, we depersonalize him, we offend his human dignity," he said.
- The process depersonalizes participants and blurs the precise nature of their roles.
- One group of researchers reported that taking care of patients objectively is necessary, but this mode of care also subtly encourages medical staff members to depersonalize them.
2(generalize)(argument/criticism) quitarle las referencias personales a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.