- Forty-eight hours before UVB exposure, mice were shaved with electric clippers and chemically depilated.
- After being bathed, depilated and doused in sweet heavy perfumes, queens and commoners alike are portrayed sitting patiently before their hairdressers, although it is equally clear that wigmakers enjoyed a brisk trade.
- While contemporary women are not literally forced to depilate, the culture and media pressure us to do so.
- Nowadays the hamams or public baths have special rooms for the ladies to depilate.
- Winter boots of caribou or seal can have a depilated sealskin foot with a furred upper.