In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1uranio empobrecido masculine
- Radioactive depleted uranium has a half-life of 4500 million years.
- The problem with depleted uranium is the fact that it is radioactive.
- Weapons coated with depleted uranium leave a radioactive toxic dust behind.
- These numbers are compounded by the use of depleted uranium during the war, made out of nuclear waste and used in bombs and bullets.
- It also seems that they are having trouble differentiating between depleted uranium and enriched uranium.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.