In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Denaturalisation, deportation and extradition are the only avenues justice can allow.
- Can you hold them in custody for purposes of expulsion or deportation, even if they are children?
- There has been a significant rise in the number of deportations carried out so far this year compared with last year, according to new statistics.
- The mass deportations have provoked tension between both countries.
- The deportation of thousands of failed asylum-seekers will also be made a top priority.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.