In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inversionista feminineahorrista masculine River Plateahorrante masculine Chile
- An amount standing to the credit of a joint account constitutes a debt which is owed by the bank to the depositors jointly and severally.
- If we're not accepted, the worse that can happen is that we remain depositors, simple depositors, customers of the bank.
- Lack of trust may cause depositors to withdraw their money.
- People's savings deposits at Resona have been guaranteed by the government, and there has been no rush by depositors for their money.
- The depositors or noteholders are simply lending money to the banks, which in turn act as their agents to channel the money to business firms.
- This subject is a call to review the impact of bank closures suffered by depositors in the last couple of years.
- In many countries, depositors may choose which national money will be the denomination of their deposit account.
- During the bank panic of 1933, he actually invited his depositors to withdraw their money.
- The names of the depositors never appeared on bank records.
- The bank has asked depositors to withdraw the money or invest it in alternative investment schemes that the bank is suggesting to them.
- Or, said another way, does the depositor maintain a financial asset that functions as money, securing purchasing power?
- The Central Bank, as the regulator, focuses primarily on the stability of banks in order to protect depositors and investors.
- A huge amount of additional funds were also disbursed by the government to the bank to repay depositors amid massive runs.
- But these small depositors were contributing to a pool which could be used to fund much larger schemes while maximising returns.
- All the same, depositors slept well at night, with little regard for the type of venture their money was financing.
- Other officeholders came to the defense of depositors who lost money in the failed bank.
- He maintained a near total freeze on bank withdrawals to prevent a run on the banks by depositors.
- If a depositor owes money to the bank or building society, this will be deducted from any deposits held before compensation is calculated.
- The Uniform Commercial Codes lay down how much responsibility banks have to their depositors.
- As mutual societies, they had to pass on the benefits of this investment, and other profitable activities, to their members, the depositors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.