In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Allergic contact dermatitis improves with removal of the sensitizing agent.
- Eczema, also known as dermatitis, describes skin conditions where there is irritation or inflammation of the skin.
- Irritant contact dermatitis is a skin reaction caused by the direct effect of an irritant substance on the skin.
- Other conditions that can cause similar symptoms include heat rash, dermatitis or thrush.
- Deficiency leads to pellagra, a condition characterized by dermatitis, diarrhea and certain mental health problems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.