In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The department of internal medicine and dermatology has 170 beds in six general wards and a medical intensive care unit with 10 beds.
- This test is usually carried out in dermatology departments in hospital.
- Laser therapy in dermatology is expanding rapidly and can be used to treat vascular and pigmented lesions, to remove tattoos, for depilation, and for skin resurfacing.
- Likewise, telemedicine might be cost effective for some disciplines such as dermatology and radiology but not for others.
- Projects spanned a range of specialties - dermatology, psychiatry, respiratory medicine, cardiology, and oncology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.