1(of person, scene, event)descripción feminineI was able to identify the car from his description — pude identificar el coche gracias a su descripción
- I know nobody answering that description — no conozco a nadie que responda a esa descripción
- But they honored my decision to keep the man's description vague.
- Despite its apparently narrow extent, knowledge by acquaintance is supposed to provide the foundation for knowledge by description.
- "None of the members of staff fit the description given by the girls."
- With five bedrooms, gymnasium and a Jacuzzi, it is certainly does not fit the description of the average croft.
- Cassini wrote a detailed description of precisely how the longitude measurements were to be carried out.
- Each chapter is preceded by the author's description of why and how she decided to study volcanoes.
- He added that police did not yet have a description of the attacker.
- Thereafter the description of events is dependent upon her account only.
- When he began to write about cricket most reporters wrote spare, parched descriptions of the play.
- Write a brief description of the type of photographs that appear in each section.
- Above all, the emphasis was placed firmly on explanation rather than description.
- Additional information that is of value includes a brief description of the methods used to construct the library.
- Don't read this book if you want a detailed description of any particular mission to space.
- Brief physical descriptions are, however, supplied where appropriate in the discussion of specific occurrences.
- Research into health inequality now aims to move away from description and towards explanation.
- Detailed descriptions are provided in the project report.
- The girls gave officers an apt description of the vehicle and the registration number.
- Detailed job descriptions are provided to encourage teacher participation in the association.
- The vivid descriptions in the books helped him greatly.
- She is a master of exposition and description, with a ready ear for a telling anecdote.
- But at times, it is important to intertwine poetic phrases and vivid descriptions.
- If that plot description sounds a little confusing, have no fear.
- He said the victim was only able to give a brief description of her attacker.
- Everyone exclaims about your great powers of description, how vivid and alive your writing is.
- Tabloid newspapers also favour emotive words over objective descriptions of events.
2(technique)descripción femininepowers of description — talento para describir masculine
- her beauty was beyond description — su belleza era indescriptible
- the sensation defies description — es una sensación difícil de describir
3(sort)of every description — de todo tipo
- of all descriptions — de todo tipo
- we don't have anything of that description — no tenemos nada de ese tipo / nada con esas características