In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1eliminar la segregación racial de
- No suit could have the impact that desegregating a school district would produce.
- The protest forced the bus companies to desegregate the buses.
- Indeed, the 1955 instruction in the second judgment to desegregate the public schools with ‘all deliberate speed’ remains the classic example of non-compliance.
- Our California plants were desegregated in the 1940s.
- He was the first President to desegregate the U.S. Army, the military, and the first President to put forth the Civil Rights Act.
- The remedy for the situation was not to enhance segregated facilities, but to desegregate the facilities.
- ‘Academic adjustments and reasonable modifications’ and the provision of ‘auxiliary aides and services’ are important tools for desegregating institutions and extending equal educational opportunity to the disability community.
- The Massachusetts legislature outlawed racial segregation in 1855, but the battle to desegregate schools remained a daunting one for Blacks in many parts of the country, particularly the South.
- For more than two decades, the branch has worked on desegregating the city's public school system to increase opportunities for minority students to attend suburban schools.
- But have we really desegregated ourselves along color lines as a society?
- One of the last cities in the country to desegregate its elementary schools, today it is almost 40% black and Hispanic.
- Federal courts had to force states to desegregate their school systems and improve brutal prison conditions, for example.
- Clearly the struggle for civil rights continues and desegregated schools are an important achievement that must be preserved, but school desegregation is not a panacea.
- They desegregated a rural area where the people were poor farmers and they knew there would be no opposition.
- Thus, the Court sent the school desegregation cases back to the federal district courts with directions to desegregate the schools ‘with all deliberate speed.’
- They felt that African Americans, by going to desegregated schools would face segregation within those schools and suffer accordingly.
- Over the last 25 to 30 years a number of traditionally male-only schools within the Caribbean have become desegregated by becoming coeducational.
- In 1948, Harry Truman desegregated the American military.
- We must ensure that where desegregated schools exist, segregation within the school does not minimize interracial exposure.
- The court also stipulated that the districts could be released from court ordered desegregation if the students and faculty were desegregated and the district met other desegregation requirements.
1dejar de practicar la segregación racial
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.