1(case/cause) meritoriomany deserving students don't get grants — muchos estudiantes de mérito no reciben becas
- the deserving poor — los pobres dignos de ayuda
- If so, then why not see some race or nation or class as more fully human and more deserving of respect and preservation than others?
- Why is that person more deserving of praise and respect than anyone else?
- The police are not any more deserving of respect than teachers, nurses or your local hooker.
- Nobody was going to rush out and build a railroad, or donate half their house-keeping to the deserving poor.
- Aren't those who shake their heads at our foolishness and naivete more deserving of the label?
- We must not blame the poor nor place them in categories of deserving or undeserving.
- Do you know of any fellow citizen, who has lately done a worthy action, deserving praise and imitation?
- The source of Henry's concern for the poor and deserving is at least known.
- He scored some really important goals from midfield in the big games and he's a deserving recipient.
- This is partly because she really does seem to see the rich as more deserving of life than the poor.
- She is dismissive of talk that the island is any less deserving of public support than any other community in Scotland.
- Well done to one and all in their fine achievement for a very deserving and worthwhile cause.
- How dare anyone stay in the game longer than me when I am so much more deserving of my place.
- Next month judges will draw up a shortlist of 150 names they believe to be most deserving of an award.
- Hopefully we will have some funds to subsidise special and deserving cases.
- And we are now asking our readers to vote for who they think is most deserving of the special award.
- This record doesn't make a good case for him being more deserving of the performance slots.
- Which is why those most deserving of reciprocal loyalty are treated with the greatest disdain.
- After many years supporting the event a new managing director at the weekly paper has decided to look at other deserving causes.
- I felt embarrassed to be the youngest and perhaps the least deserving of them all.
2to be deserving of sth — ser merecedor / digno de algo