1(name officially)nombrardesignarthey designated me as their spokesman — me nombraron portavoz del grupo
- the area was designated a national park — la zona fue declarada parque nacional
- There are several ‘Petrified Forests’ that have been designated National Treasures in the United States.
- In January 2005 the agency eliminated all but 8,300 acres of the 21,000 acres previously designated as critical habitat.
- The Iron Age site was recently designated as Swindon fourth official local nature reserve.
- Women must enter city buses by separate rear entrances and sit in specially designated sections.
- We follow the general rules of zebrafish nomenclature for designating locus and allele names.
- Every day he cycled to the newly designated high-tech zone seeking approval to build his business there.
- The land is not designated for housing, and I understand the fence is extremely unsightly.
- The neighborhood has been newly designated as a historic zone.
- The engineering status will be designated to the school from September.
- More than 10 per cent of companies polled have designated smoking areas within the office.
- Industrial incubators are specially designated areas that provided SMEs with tools and resources to assist them run their businesses.
- The area of land has been designated suitable for individual or mass flat construction and civil services.
- Indeed, nationwide, ranchers are allowed to drive into federally designated wilderness.
- Recently more than 350 new critical habitats have been designated, the researchers wrote.
- The Official Plan also designates this site to be " residential".
- In Belarus over 1.5 million people still live in officially designated contaminated territories.
- The land is partly designated for housing, partly for education and is part open space.
- "There is no designated parking in the village and traffic is a problem.
- Two conservation areas have been specifically designated to protect important field wall systems.
- Perhaps it might increase the awareness of the problem if we were officially to designate a day in the year in testimony to them.
2formal(call)designarthree points designated A, B, C on the diagram — tres puntos designados por A, B, C en el diagrama
1the governor/ambassador designate — quien ha sido nombrado gobernador/embajador
- Much has been made of the suggestion that the supposedly moderate prime minister designate intends to disband the militias.
- In a major shake-up of management, chief operations office becomes chief executive designate.
- Our cameras now take you to the Central Polling Office to hear from the Prime Minister designate.
- Any company using less than their free allowance will be able to sell the balance under the scheme to which over 100 countries have signed up, including all EU states as well as the designate members.
- He was appointed director designate in February, but was originally not to take over until December.