In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diseñador masculinediseñadora feminine(clothes/jeans) de diseño exclusivo(furniture/pen) de diseñoa fashion/furniture designer — un diseñador de modas/muebles
- great designers like Dior — los grandes modistas / diseñadores como Dior
- set/stage designer — escenógrafa
- an industrial/automotive designer — un diseñador industrial/de automotores
- she only wears designer labels — solo usa ropa muy exclusiva
- Currently, I'm thinking about trying seriously to sell myself as a freelance Web designer.
- Examples include some designer label clothes where high price alone can add to a product's social status.
- Australia's top fashion designer has left the material world for a simple life of solitude and meditation.
- You don't have to have a wardrobe crammed with designer clothes to know your vital statistics in haute couture these days.
- Fashion designers are asking for similar protection for clothing designs for three years.
- "Designer baby clothes earn large profit margins for the designers.
- For example, the talented interior designer on this renovation simplified his job a great deal.
- The upper end is the upmarket end, with designer boutiques amid the sights.
- Many upmarket areas have designer labels and barely worn posh clothes that can be snapped up at give-away prices.
- Designer wear brands are available through specialists who design children's clothing and sell them at boutiques.
- Comments from the director, effects supervisor, and production designer accompany these segments.
- We were never really respected by the fashion press as a designer label.
- How did the son of a farmer from Aberdeenshire become one of the most fêted fashion designers in the world?
- We are professional graphic designers who have dedicated our lives to design, not politics.
- Most Web designers simply don't want to deal with code, and who can blame them?
- What is the point of expensive designer labels when the only person that gets to see that new outfit is you?
- Smart designer wear outlets and delightful cafes rub elegant shoulders with souvenir shops.
- You don't have to come to London to buy the latest designer wear.
- Here in the UK we have many talented, skilled independent jewellery designers who struggle to make a living.
- By then, his mother had become a costume designer.
- Six young fashion designers are creating a unique range of contemporary styles from the traditional fabric of knitwear.
- He was wearing a two-tone baseball cap with a dark peak and designer label on the forehead part.
- They happily shop at boutiques, use blogs to guide their reading, and hire interior designers.
- Sixty painters, sculptors, furniture makers, photographers and textile designers work in studios here.
- The software designer needs to distinguish between the improbable and the impossible.
- I think men are much more aware of designer labels and fashion trends than they were even a year ago.
- So he haggled his way through several stores filled with knockoff designer clothes.
- Nineteenth-century furniture designers invented chairs to foster these new relaxed positions.
- All the designer boutiques will arrange for shopping bags to be sent back to the hotel.
- Constant customer input helps provide an exponentially clearer picture of what kind of software designers need.
- However, if you've just blown your euro on designer labels, there are plenty of other places to eat.
- She had bought it from a designer clothes store, but it was too cute to pass up.
- Make sure you understand how your website designer creates websites.
- Don it with a pair of traditional or light blue designer jeans.
- The world's top designers want to tempt with you their new looks.
- Jack went through his drawers of designer clothes, putting together a tasteful ensemble.
- But sooner or later, you'll need to hire a professional graphic designer for help.
- Today's optical designers face new challenges when designing and modeling refractive systems.
- We have high disposable incomes, designer clothes and third level degrees.
- The door burst open and in she walked, wearing designer clothes from head to toe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.