In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diseñador masculinediseñadora feminine(jeans/clothes) de diseño exclusivo(furniture/pen) de diseñoa fashion/furniture designer — un diseñador de modas/muebles
- great designers like Dior — los grandes modistas / diseñadores como Dior
- set/stage designer — escenógrafo
- an industrial/automotive designer — un diseñador industrial/de automotores
- she only wears designer labels — solo usa ropa muy exclusiva
- However, if you've just blown your euro on designer labels, there are plenty of other places to eat.
- I think men are much more aware of designer labels and fashion trends than they were even a year ago.
- She had bought it from a designer clothes store, but it was too cute to pass up.
- Many upmarket areas have designer labels and barely worn posh clothes that can be snapped up at give-away prices.
- Here in the UK we have many talented, skilled independent jewellery designers who struggle to make a living.
- You don't have to come to London to buy the latest designer wear.
- Sixty painters, sculptors, furniture makers, photographers and textile designers work in studios here.
- Most Web designers simply don't want to deal with code, and who can blame them?
- Constant customer input helps provide an exponentially clearer picture of what kind of software designers need.
- Fashion designers are asking for similar protection for clothing designs for three years.
- You don't have to have a wardrobe crammed with designer clothes to know your vital statistics in haute couture these days.
- They happily shop at boutiques, use blogs to guide their reading, and hire interior designers.
- What is the point of expensive designer labels when the only person that gets to see that new outfit is you?
- Comments from the director, effects supervisor, and production designer accompany these segments.
- "Designer baby clothes earn large profit margins for the designers.
- Jack went through his drawers of designer clothes, putting together a tasteful ensemble.
- The world's top designers want to tempt with you their new looks.
- He was wearing a two-tone baseball cap with a dark peak and designer label on the forehead part.
- Australia's top fashion designer has left the material world for a simple life of solitude and meditation.
- Nineteenth-century furniture designers invented chairs to foster these new relaxed positions.
- Six young fashion designers are creating a unique range of contemporary styles from the traditional fabric of knitwear.
- But sooner or later, you'll need to hire a professional graphic designer for help.
- The upper end is the upmarket end, with designer boutiques amid the sights.
- We are professional graphic designers who have dedicated our lives to design, not politics.
- We were never really respected by the fashion press as a designer label.
- How did the son of a farmer from Aberdeenshire become one of the most fêted fashion designers in the world?
- Currently, I'm thinking about trying seriously to sell myself as a freelance Web designer.
- The software designer needs to distinguish between the improbable and the impossible.
- Make sure you understand how your website designer creates websites.
- For example, the talented interior designer on this renovation simplified his job a great deal.
- So he haggled his way through several stores filled with knockoff designer clothes.
- By then, his mother had become a costume designer.
- Examples include some designer label clothes where high price alone can add to a product's social status.
- Smart designer wear outlets and delightful cafes rub elegant shoulders with souvenir shops.
- Designer wear brands are available through specialists who design children's clothing and sell them at boutiques.
- The door burst open and in she walked, wearing designer clothes from head to toe.
- We have high disposable incomes, designer clothes and third level degrees.
- Today's optical designers face new challenges when designing and modeling refractive systems.
- All the designer boutiques will arrange for shopping bags to be sent back to the hotel.
- Don it with a pair of traditional or light blue designer jeans.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.