In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1droga de diseño feminine
- Many drug testers believe that within a few years, desperate athletes will try to alter their genes so that they don't need designer drugs.
- The pair were in the city to launch the film, the story of a master chemist who brings a new designer drug to Europe.
- THG is a designer drug that was tweaked by chemists so that it would go unnoticed by normal dope tests.
- This documentary examines the rapid advancement of designer drugs in sport and the anti-doping scientists hot on their trail.
- There is concern even by athletes themselves that the tests cannot keep up with the new designer drugs that are taken in the sport.
- There's a lot of questions still needing answered and I also think, if this is one designer drug which our sport has not been able to catch, how many more are there?
- Personal chemists can recommend masking agents, altered dosing strategies and designer drugs that go undetected in tests.
- Desoxymethylestosterone, to use its full name, is an even newer designer drug, manufactured specifically to enable athletes to take artificial steroids without detection.
- It's the story of a streetwise American master chemist who heads to England to set up the deal of his lifetime - introducing a new designer drug, POS51, to the European market.
- Quickly thereafter the drug made its way over to Europe and in the early 80s in Britain it was a designer drug only used by wealthy clubbers and pop stars.
- ‘So you lot go in for designer drugs that you can't get arrested for using? ‘said Belinda.
- No diets, no trips to the gym, no designer drugs - just a longterm relationship with a decent guy who loves her no matter what size she is, and plenty of walking.
- And most recently it was revealed that new, hard to detect designer drugs are frequently used in amateur and professional sports.
- They were pursuing a mirage of infinite wealth in private aeroplanes, high on champagne and designer drugs.
- MDMA, or Ecstasy as it is more commonly known, is an amphetamine-like designer drug from the late 1970s.
- A LETHAL designer drug that has left young clubbers in Yorkshire fighting for their lives was yesterday banned by the Home Office after pressure from worried health chiefs and police.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.