In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of action, idea)conveniencia femininethe desirability of mass tourism in the capital is questionable — es cuestionable que la afluencia de turismo de masas a la capital sea de desear
- There is an unequivocal denial of the possibility or the desirability of universal values, ambitions or aspiration.
- How much are our senses trained socially to respond to specific aspects of human beauty and desirability?
- Again, this reduces transport costs and increases the desirability of behaving in a transport efficient manner.
- Those older, heading irreversibly away from their peak, can feel for some time that they are still in the rough vicinity of desirability.
- The desirability of living in the countryside has pushed rural house prices way beyond the reach of many agricultural workers, he says.
2(of person)atractivo masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.