In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(end of journey)destino masculine
- Other popular export destinations included Canada, Asia and the Middle East.
- The popular holiday destinations just north of Durban are where most people stay.
- In recent years, prisons have become popular tourist destinations in parts of Asia.
- Compare prices to the most popular diving destinations, from a range of travel companies.
- She says the book reveals a journey which would take her to many different destinations.
- Other increasingly popular destinations are Croatia, Bulgaria, Cuba and Turkey.
- Taxi users are shelling out almost double to get to their destinations during rush hour in Colchester.
- Those who have a target time to reach their destinations would do well to start off in advance.
- Anyway, an earlier poster asked about which countries are the most popular tourist destinations.
- My ideal destinations would be the Isle of Lewis for peace and quiet, and the Algarve for the sunshine.
- Cape Town has become one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world.
- Israel and Russia are getting less popular as potential destinations for offshored work.
- This is one of the most popular tourist destinations for domestic US holidaymakers.
- The rivers have become popular tourist destinations, venues for nights out and day trips.
- After a few beers and a bit more bragging, the golfers left for destinations unknown.
- Japan Airlines, Asia's largest airline, serves over 170 destinations in 30 countries.
- They also said that all passengers would be flown on time and safely to their destinations.
- An air-conditioned luxury bus was all ready to set off to an unknown destination.
- The company will be providing extra seats on trips to popular destinations during key travel periods.
- China should be one of its new destinations as this market will be one of the biggest in the next 10 years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.