In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This perverted abhorrence of women destines religions to collide with modernity everywhere, for to be modern is to set women free.
- The sheer scale and scope of the exhibition, combined with the reality that most visitors possessed only a passing knowledge of African political history would have seemed to destine this project for incoherence.
- Speak up now, people, or destine your children and their children to the loss of the Savannah.
- Its very opulence destined it to a life in mostly book form.
- Athelstane's heritage destines him for great things, but his personality moves him towards more ordinary goals, like a full stomach.
- Whose head would explode first and destine them to stare at a white wall for the rest of their life?
- History and geography have destined the two sides to be neighbors.
- Because God has chosen and destined us, we have been called into an intimate relationship with him.
- While their innate reactivity seems to destine all these children for later anxiety disorders, things didn't turn out that way.
- But having a genetic predisposition to gain weight doesn't destine you to be obese, only to possibly struggle more with your weight.
- According to the Christian tradition, the divine both embraces all peoples and yet destines some to ‘supersede’ and bring final truth to all the others.
- Now, take out your Bible and read 2 Peter 1, verses 1 to 11 and be encouraged about the person God has destined you to be.
- Rather than working hard to establish her own niche, she borrows inward, trying to be as anonymous as possible, a decision that destines her for an underwhelming prep-school life of shrinking expectations.
- He knows you personally and has destined you to be adopted into his own family.
- You will recall that this is the scheme that destines all cattle over the age of 30 months to be burnt.
- Theology engages in this task for the purpose of facilitating the fellowship of Christ's disciples in fulfilling their calling to be the image of God and thereby to be the biblical community God destines us to become.
- It is obvious that, having been raised with whites or near them, the latter grow more attached to them and destine them for less difficult tasks and a more pleasant life, notably one with better food.
- The proximity of Chiapas and Oaxaca, and their shared history and geography, does not destine them to mimic patterns of political ecology.
- The duo's third album, Rubber Factory, is jammed with blues 'n' garage rock anthems that surely destine these rust belt heroes for global greatness.
- No, it was not others who destined him to be killed, even if he was sent by God.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.