In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person/manner) distante(person/manner) indiferente(manner/person) objetivo(person/manner) imparcial
- All these practices flout psychology's belief that researchers must remain detached from their research in order to preserve their objectivity.
- Although I FEEL rather detached in most aspect in my life right now, my mind has been frantically active and many thoughts are racing inside my brain.
- Nirvana never sounded as detached as the Pixies, or as fluid, or as fun.
- It is therefore easier to accept a certain amount of ‘collateral damage’ if we are emotionally detached from the lives of those involved.
- Individual scientists are not emotionally detached from their research.
- As he stood there, Jim felt oddly detached.
- "For the first 24 hours I was emotionally detached from everything going on.
- Did you find it hard to remain emotionally detached?
- He tried to concentrate on the opening words of all parties involved, but the sounds seemed to come from a distance and he felt as though he were somewhat detached from it all.
- I was supposed to be indifferent, nonchalant and completely detached from him.
- Necessarily, he was a little bit more detached.
- My findings turned out to be less positive than I expected, and it's an indicator of how much more detached I feel from my job these days than I used to that this doesn't bother me unduly.
- He'd just do his best to be as detached as possible.
- She smiled at him briefly and said hello, trying to sound as detached as possible.
- At the film's opening, Sullivan seems entirely detached from his son and the tenderness that he instantly develops once disaster strikes seems to come from thin blue air.
- It's all sophisticated, detached and sometimes rather eerie.
- I was a little bit - you know, detached from everything.
- If you're able to stay emotionally detached from your investments, this can be a good strategy to follow.
- I was amazed at how detached I was from the whole scene.
- But doesn't the combination of an Oxford academic workload and a Blue Boat training regime leave him socially detached from anyone outside the tiny rowing bubble?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.