In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We can keep her in detox for ten days or so without her permission.
- She gives birth, he's vomiting in detox in a nearby hospital room.
- They started by studying men and women at all levels of drinking from abstention to those in detox for full-blown alcohol problems.
- Three or four detox treatments per year - planned with medical guidance - are enough to clean out most anyone's system.
- Yours is never mentioned among the recognized detox programs.
- Actually playing this game could lead to an intervention and a week in detox.
- She says that when one of her familiar charges disappear, she calls around looking for them at detox clinics, hospitals or police stations.
- Waiting lists for methadone programmes, rehab and detox services are phenomenally long.
- European spas have long offered medically supervised detox programs.
- I was immediately whisked away then taken to Gladstone Psychiatric Hospital, where I was supposed to spend the next few days in detox.
- Even the most successful detox programmes in the world have a success rate of just 25 per cent when it comes to heroin.
- Even my sister Sam's husband was suckered in, and he spent six months in detox.
- Such services as Indian head massages, detox aromatic massages, reflexology and Reiki are on offer.
- I feel that I am not really in the spirit of this self-imposed detox fitness program.
- Acupuncture works best if the person is in detox.
- Pollution stretches the limits of our internal detox systems, so detoxing becomes a much higher priority.
- Treatment history was operationalized as the total number of previous alcohol or drug treatment episodes, excluding detox.
- This treatment assists in detox and stress relief and is particularly beneficial for anyone trying to give us smoking.
- It helps the homeless through five homeless hostels, which provide accommodation, resettlement, rehabilitation and detox programmes.
- His recovery programme goes on to embrace detox, rehab and Buddhist meditation retreats.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.