In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of addict)desintoxicación feminine(unit/center) de desintoxicación
- The major remedy they proposed was for detoxification and treatment programs to drop the insurance or Medicaid requirement for admission.
- Buprenorphine also appears to be effective when used in detoxification treatment.
- Do you think HIV testing should be available to clients in drug detoxification facilities such as this one?
- Patients who are dependent on opioids or benzodiazepines may require detoxification from these substances as well.
- One study involves a medication trial of buprenorphine as a detoxification treatment for heroin addiction.
- Among women, those in the labor force were more likely to have been in drug treatment or detoxification.
- Addicts who have attempted detoxification and failed are eligible to participate in the studies.
- When dependence is more advanced, the discomfort of withdrawal may necessitate medical detoxification.
- Counselling and drug detoxification should also be targeted to injecting drug users in holding cells.
- Further, this study was confined to addicts entering detoxification in two hospitals in one section of The Bronx.
- The withdrawal process must be carefully monitored because barbiturate or alcohol detoxification can be life-threatening.
- Race and frequency of opiate use at baseline were predictors of drug use during out-patient detoxification.
- Entry into methadone detoxification was predicted by a higher frequency of drug injecting.
- Subjects were 11 individuals admitted to an inpatient substance abuse treatment unit for alcohol detoxification.
- We wished to investigate whether opiate addicts who have undergone inpatient detoxification might have a similarly increased mortality after treatment.
- His drug problem was so severe at this stage, that he needed a period of in-patient treatment and detoxification.
- After detoxification, the patient can be referred to a drug rehabilitation clinic or Narcotics Anonymous.
- If you have serious withdrawal symptoms or other medical problems, you might have to go to a hospital for detoxification.
- Women who used prior mental health services are more likely to use additional drug treatment modalities beyond detoxification.
- The higher education did not, however, explain the higher awareness of using buprenorphine for detoxification from opiates.
2(of substance)eliminación de la toxicidad feminine
- These enzymes link the detoxification of toxic H 2 O 2 to oxidation of the reductant ascorbate.
- In this way, ellagic acid effectively increases detoxification of carcinogens and reduces mutagenesis and tumourigenesis.
- Whereas the traditional process of detoxification was limited to the removal of the toxic substance from the system, this is only a small part of the aims of the modern detox.
- The role of phase II enzymes in either activation or detoxification is beyond the possibilities of this method.
- However, the mechanism of detoxification of secondary metabolites in plant cells is less well understood.
- Tannins may be involved in cellular detoxification.
- By applying unique pressures to the ten zones of the feet, the body returns to a state of balance and well being, improving blood circulation and aiding the process of detoxification.
- Taurine is a sulfur-containing amino acid required for membrane stabilization and detoxification.
- These are to assist with detoxification, in case of poisoning.
- Disruption of the delicate balance of metabolic activation and detoxification of chemical carcinogens is a process that may facilitate such an effect.
- I recommend that he also try herbs and detoxification.
- He ate mainly carbohydrates in the evening to help the body to maintain the blood glucose levels required for the night-time activities of detoxification and repair.
- Ethanol, similarly to most environmental toxins, requires metabolic activation and subsequent detoxification by a series of enzymes.
- Documented functions of HBs include storage and transport of oxygen, nitric oxide detoxification, and facilitating oxygen diffusion in symbiotic tissues.
- Organic acids play a role in mediating detoxification of metals by plants.
- Watson advises a two-part, whole-body detoxification, which can be done simultaneously.
- This indicated that tissue stable sulfur isotope turnover in these mussels is influenced by sulfide detoxification activities.
- Ascorbic acid is a small, water-soluble anti-oxidant molecule which acts as a primary substrate in the cyclic pathway for enzymatic detoxification of hydrogen peroxide.
- The proportion of H 2 O 2 detoxification that involves redox turnover of the glutathione pool is difficult to estimate.
- It is not surprising to find a very high level of functional redundancy among enzymes involved in the detoxification of hydrogen peroxide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.