In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of land, property)feminine promotora inmobiliariamasculine promotor inmobiliario Latin Americafeminine promotora inmobiliaria Latin Americamasculine desarrollador inmobiliario Latin Americafeminine desarrolladora inmobiliaria Latin America
- The print may need to stay in the second developer for as long as two or three minutes.
- The developer is heavily diluted in order to slow the process down and allow better control.
- The recipe for paper is almost a double-strength version of my film developer.
- It is used in cosmetics and photography as a black and white developer, among other industrial applications.
- In a darkroom floating in a bath of developer an image slowly materializes.
3Psychologya slow/late developer — un individuo de desarrollo lento/tardío
- I was a late developer — me espabilé tarde
- His father, Ramu, says Prasad was recognised to be a slow developer only when the boy was about five years old.
- Young people often become anxious or worried if they think they are early or late developers.
- Jonathan Simpson, defending, said that his client had been a slow developer as a child and was very immature at the time of the offence.
- They are often late developers, live by their own rules and can be utterly selfish.
- It was not as if he was a slow developer, in fact he was 6ft tall and extremely muscular.
- This is one late developer who doesn't intend to be remembered - or forgotten - for once finishing second.
- She had been a slow developer and had pretty much been considered the ugly duckling for most of her life.
- A relatively late developer, he epitomises the thin line between success and failure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.