In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1del desarrollodevelopmental psychology — psicología del desarrollo feminine
- developmental biology — biología del desarrollo
- Developmental biologists, too, find the butterfly wing a great subject.
- The author, Armand Leroi, is a developmental biologist at Imperial College in London.
- In contrast, physiologists and developmental biologists emphasize mechanisms to explain Bergmann's rule.
- Terrence Deacon works at the interface between neurobiology, developmental biology and biological anthropology.
- They placed considerable emphasis on evolutionary and developmental change.
- Plant ontogenetic developmental processes and environmental conditions affect the size of this fraction.
- He then went on to describe the new plans for developmental biology he was exploring.
- I claim that developmental genetics is also needed.
- Once the large community of developmental biologists working on the worm became involved, the pace quickened.
- In cnidarians, the developmental biology of some aspects of clonality have been studied.
- This proposed parallel evolution is also supported by the developmental morphology of seedlings.
- I am a developmental biologist who also has a masters degree in the history of science.
- A major observation of embryology has been that developmental mutations are usually harmful and often fatal.
- The NAS committee comprised pediatricians, chemists, developmental biologists, and food scientists.
- Ingrid had come to Berkeley in 1990 to do a Ph.D. in developmental biology.
- The eyeless gene is an example of the remarkable conservation of developmental genes throughout the animal kingdom.
- Somatic embryos at late developmental stages were gently extracted from agarose layers with forceps.
- It is designed to convey to the public the importance and relevance of recent research findings in developmental biology.
- The department web site lists her concentration as developmental biology.
- Zebrafish have been a significant model in developmental biology for over a decade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.