1Religiondevotopiadososhe is very devout — es muy devota / piadosa
- she is a devout Catholic — es muy católica
- Although a devout Sikh, he took part in religious acts with Muslims and Hindus as well.
- She was a single lady who was a devout Catholic and deeply religious.
- A meal here is a devout religious observance, and also a session of psychotherapy.
- Sometimes, though rarely, one may even find a devout religious exclamation.
- By what right does the developed world claim the moral high ground over poorer, but religiously devout, societies?
- No one struggling to live the devout life will fail to recognize that prayer.
- My Grandmother read the bible every day and was a devout believer in God.
- By this means you can count with a minimum expenditure of attention, as a devout Catholic counts his prayers on a rosary.
- For the devout Hindus who pray at tiny ponds and puddles, the Saraswati is both a real river and a deity.
- But this is just speculation and there may be many members of the Church who live devout lives.
- All of which grounds him in a conventionally moral and religiously devout realm.
- At the same time he was a believer in all sorts of myths and mysteries, and a devout worshipper of divinities both Greek and Oriental.
- So we have an enormous amount of evidence of widespread religious behaviour and of devout behaviour as well.
- He was a devout and mystical Muslim, or Sufi, hence his religious views are particularly revealing of Islam.
- This prompted my question as to whether she was devout in her personal religion.
- I was most deeply moved by the way this lovable man prayed, so devout and so certain that God heard his prayer.
- The kirpan has deep religious significance to devout Sikhs and is not a weapon.
- Now there were devout Jews from every nation under heaven living in Jerusalem.
- When I was brought back to faith it was through the prayers of my devout mother.
- My parents don't have much of a religious background, but my maternal grandmother is a very devout southern baptist.
2formal(earnest)(supporter) fervienteit is my devout wish that … — es mi más sincero deseo que …
- Here's a sort of companion post to the previous one, in being about some of the things said and done in the name of devout belief.
- Few espouse political ideologies of any sort, since devout beliefs can impede one's effectiveness as a peacekeeper.