In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It also focuses on major health issues like heart disease, asthma and diabetes.
- His brother died of scarlet fever, many other villagers succumbed to asthma and diabetes.
- The first woman was obese, had diabetes, and was diagnosed as having liver cirrhosis.
- He had also completely lost his sight because of the ravages of many years of poorly controlled diabetes.
- Obesity is a risk factor for heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis and diabetes.
- Her mother died four days later, with pneumonia and diabetes as the cause of death.
- I note that Dr. Penney, in 1983, was aware that some women develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy.
- Rarely, diabetes can be caused by a disease of the pancreas called pancreatitis.
- It's not just diabetes and heart disease that threaten to overwhelm us if we continue to eat a high fat diet.
- The main cause of death in our cohort with diabetes was ischaemic heart disease.
- Only in this way will the epidemic of diabetes witnessed in south Asians be arrested and reversed.
- John had lived with diabetes for 15 years and had a longer history of hypertension.
- People with type 1 diabetes should carry glucose gel or some sugary food with them at all times.
- Certain diseases, such as diabetes, can cause a cataract to occur at an earlier age than normal.
- The prevalence of diabetes in India is likely to go on increasing and to constitute a major health burden.
- Members suffer from illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and asthma.
- People with excess body fat have a greater risk for such illnesses as diabetes and hypertension.
- Exercise does not just lower our chances of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- The fetal environment seems to have a strong influence on risk of type 1 diabetes in the child.
- People with chronic diseases like diabetes should get greater support in the community and at home.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.