In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diabético(jam/chocolate) para diabéticos
- This mechanism is thought to be important in some forms of laxative abuse, diabetic diarrhoea, and thyrotoxicosis.
- Left untreated, diabetic ketoacidosis can lead to a coma and possibly death.
- Off-loading therapy is a key part of the treatment plan for diabetic foot ulcers.
- The newer diabetic drugs and asthma/emphysema drugs have probably extended the mortality of diabetics and asthmatics and former smokers.
- The most common and most serious eye complication of diabetes is diabetic retinopathy, which may result in poor vision or even blindness.
- A special photographic process is very helpful in detecting early effects of diabetic retinopathy.
- Since diabetics are at high risk for heart disease, avoiding fat and cholesterol is the most important goal of the diabetic diet, and a vegetarian diet is ideal.
- Since diabetes is seen as a slow killer, diabetic clinics always advise people to take utmost care in their diet.
- Prevention with foot hygiene, proper shoes, no self-performed foot surgery, and attendance at diabetic clinic is essential.
- The urine ketone dip test was highly sensitive for diabetic ketoacidosis and diabetic ketosis with or without acidosis.
- The hospital has a special diabetic care clinic and encourages patients to use the public facilities to exercise, maintain and manage good health.
- We did not find a relation between an institution sponsoring a diabetic clinic and monitoring frequency or glycemic control.
- She said although 90 per cent of arthritis patients would experience foot problems at some time, specialist foot clinics were scarce, in contrast with diabetic centres.
- Some patients develop diabetic peripheral neuropathy characterised by loss of sensation in the feet.
- Avoid all artificial sweeteners found in diet drinks and some diabetic foods as these are toxic to the liver and can cause hypoglycaemia and fatigue.
- Susan's first thought was that he had died after lapsing into a diabetic coma.
- A diabetic diet need not mean a complete departure from a normal one; often, a few adjustments will suffice.
- Time zone changes and altered meal times can result in insulin dependent diabetics becoming hypoglycaemic, though diabetic meals can be provided.
- Duoderm is designed for chronically ill elderly people with non-healing diabetic wounds.
- Overall, almost half of all Latinos with diabetes had diabetic retinopathy.
1diabético masculinediabética feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.