In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Therefore, new diagnostic techniques with significantly improved sensitivity and specificity are required.
- A screening test is not the same as diagnostic test.
- Clinical history can be unreliable as a diagnostic indicator of latex allergy because of confounding variables.
- Since prostate cancer often has no early warning signs, early diagnostic testing can be critical.
- Physicians have few diagnostic tools to detect the scars and growths of endometriosis.
- Obstructive sleep apnea is a fairly common sleep disorder and comprises the major group of patients being admitted to the diagnostic sleep laboratories.
- Many terminally ill patients are unable to tolerate a full diagnostic assessment.
- Pneumatic otoscopy and tympanometry are useful diagnostic tools for managing otitis media with effusion.
- If this fails, or the patient has severe or atypical symptoms, other diagnostic measures are indicated.
- Diagnostic accuracy is crucial in anatomic pathology, including surgical pathology and cytopathology.
- A standard necropsy protocol with agreed diagnostic criteria was used to ensure consistent classification.
- We emphasise the importance of a history of travel to Latin America in patients presenting with unusual skin lesions or chronic nasopharyngeal symptoms and describe the diagnostic process.
- Overall diagnostic accuracy was the same in both groups.
- Normalisation of symptoms and diagnostic confusion and are likely to apply to illness behaviour in general.
- Development and introduction of new diagnostic techniques have greatly accelerated over the past decades.
- Further research is needed to provide general practitioners with easy to use diagnostic tools to differentiate bacterial from viral conjunctivitis to tailor antibiotic prescriptions.
- A definite diagnosis was made when diagnostic criteria were fully met.
- An exercise test should end when diagnostic criteria have been reached or when the patient's symptoms and signs dictate.
- Compact discs may soon serve as diagnostic tools to be used in doctor's offices, or even at home.
- Have chest pain units led to any improvement in diagnostic accuracy and clinical outcome?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.