In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(line) diagonal(path) en diagonal
- Fibonacci fans are composed of diagonal lines.
- As for color, choose a gold and black regimental tie with alternating diagonal stripes.
- The points 11 to 13, outside the common ancestor 3 of the probes 7 and 9, lie on the diagonal line A.
- The other diagonal lines specify points with this ratio above 10, 100, and 1000.
- One end of the upper stone was fixed to a pivot and both stones were ‘dressed’ with small diagonal grooves which crossed each other at an angle as the upper stone swept across the lower in an arc.
- If each successive 10% of households held 10% of total income, then the curve would be a diagonal line at 45°.
- The solid diagonal line represents the situation when the two estimated distributions were identical.
- These rays are also useful artistically for breaking up the shapes of the mountains with diagonal lines.
- This is accomplished by avoiding vertical, horizontal or diagonal lines, and checker-board patterns of pixels for which the color level is decremented.
- The diagonal line indicates d N = d S, meaning neutral selection.
- The scabs had faded, so there were only two faint pink diagonal lines.
- The film, with the exception of one shot, is composed of precisely two camera angles: a diagonal shot from the dashboard towards the passenger seat, and another, similar shot towards the driver seat.
- A diagonal line separated a triangle of white and another of blue that together formed a rectangle.
- Pencil-thin diagonal blues and greens angle across the surface like tracer-bullet tracks streaking across a movie screen.
- The diagonal passes that are fed in are very difficult to defend against.
- We can see that as we increase resolution, drawing a straight, diagonal line looks better.
- Draw two diagonal lines dividing the square and the rectangle into triangles.
- They form a diagonal shape at the bottom of the torso, and can be divided into the front triangle and the back triangle.
- A reflective road sign with diagonal stripes of black and white thrusts itself upward through the picture plane.
- The diagonal line indicates where the data points would be if the measurements obtained with the 2 techniques were identical.
- In principle, with perfect agreement between the two sequences, all points will lie on the diagonal line, while large deviations indicate large branch length differences.
- In the second half Windermere had the advantage of the diagonal crosswind and continued to apply pressure to the Gosforth line without turning it into points.
- This study consisted of a grid of 15 squares, each inscribed with one or more horizontal, vertical, and diagonal lines in different orientations.
- I bought a black sleeveless Lycra shirt with yellow and white diagonal stripes across the chest.
- The column spacing makes for a complex, overlapping matrix when viewed from a diagonal angle.
- One option is to draw a diagonal line between two opposite points to represent movement between here and there.
- The diagonal line connecting these two points must equal 5 feet.
- Symbols occurring close to the diagonal line represent a perfect match between simulated and measured data.
- At one point the dancer stamped nimbly in a diagonal line across the stage and stopped in the front corner.
- Score the squid by holding the knife at an angle and making diagonal cuts, taking care not to cut right through.
- He imagined how a diagonal line cutting across a square would divide the square into two right triangles.
- Double diagonal lines indicate an area not drawn to scale.
- The design was very nice, with diagonal lines forming a grid, each square filled with a snapshot of the movie in rich, warm tones.
- Press your heels down onto the ball, pull your abs inward, and raise your hips and torso off the floor until your ankles, hips and shoulders are in a straight, diagonal line.
- If scaffolds are not set away, mortar may lodge on diagonal bracing and adhere to wall.
- The thin diagonal line is the 1: 1 relationship.
- The starting positions of the first instance of the repeat on the upper strand and the starting position of the second instance of the repeat on the lower strand are connected by a diagonal line.
- Towards the west end is the main staircase, its bottom flight skewed to the angle of the south wing in response to the diagonal thrust of the approach.
- In the grid numerous long diagonal white lines can clearly be seen.
1diagonal femininea skirt cut on the diagonal — una falda cortada al bies / al sesgo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.