- Split all four corners of each square by cutting diagonally from the tip of the corner to about halfway towards the centre.
- It starts in the upper right corner of a page and runs diagonally to the lower left.
- She turned around and smiled at Keith who was, as usual, seated diagonally behind her.
- He sped along Bellhouse Road and crossed a mini roundabout diagonally, to the alarm of many pedestrians and motorists.
- When I started staying in hotels I assumed that diagonally sliced toast was some kind of catering affectation.